- Question 2:
- If you wanted to learn more about planetary nebulas, what questions would you ask?
Student answers will vary. Some students might ask questions similar to these:
- Are all planetary nebulas made by two stars, as in the Necklace Nebula?
- Can scientists study the shape of these nebulas and determine whether one or two stars made each one?
- Are the stars that make planetary nebulas all close to the mass of the Sun?
- What is the largest-mass star that can form a planetary nebula?
- What is the smallest-mass star that can form a planetary nebula?
<< Back to discussion questions