- Question 5:
- If you were an astronomer, what question(s) about the solar system would you want to investigate?
Some of the questions an astronomer might ask about the solar system are:
- How did the solar system form?
- Why do comets travel into the inner solar system?
- Are asteroids related to comets?
- Why are all the planets moving around the Sun in the same direction?
- Why are the rocky planets near the Sun and the "gas giant" planets farther from the Sun?
- Is Pluto a real planet or a "dwarf" planet?
- What is under Venusís atmosphere?
<< Back to discussion questions